RE Hubs Kitemark training
Every person on the RE Hubs website has agreed when working with schools the following points:
- They understand that when working with schools and pupils how they speak and work with children and young people is important. At all times they will ensure they will act in accordance with the UN’s convention for children’s rights. These are always to act in:
- a non-discriminatory fashion (article 2);
- the best interest of the child (article 3); and
- ensuring all children have the right to be heard (article 12).
- They will not make generalisations about religion and worldviews when speaking with pupils and schools
- They will abide by educational principles and not attempt to convert pupils when speaking to them, they will share their beliefs and practices
- They will ensure pupils are kept safe within their building OR when going into schools they will abide by your school's safeguarding policy
- They will ensure all adults/volunteers they work with will be well-briefed about their work with schools and pupils
- They will seek to ensure what they offer fulfils requests from your school to meet your education aims for this RE/RVE/R&W work/lesson
- They will own their own worldview (personal and organised) when speaking with pupils, endeavouring not to speak in generalisations about their beliefs and practices or that of others
- They will not ask pupils to participate in any worship, or prayers or consume food that has been prayed over/blessed
- They will liaise with the school about anything they want to offer to the pupils – snacks, drinks and literature to ensure your agreement to provide this
- They will speak respectfully about those with different beliefs and practices from their own
The Kitemark people and places receive from us explains that DBS' are often needed when working with schools, and explains to all Kitemark holders that they must abide when working with schools with their safeguarding policy.
To gain their RE Hubs kitemark they have received 1.5 hours of training with the RE Hubs team and is valid for two years before people and places are called back for retraining.
If you have a concern/problem with someone on our website not following the points they have agreed to, please get in touch here.
If you are a place of interest or school speaker and are interested in being featured on our website please click here.
If you would like to share our training dates flyer please click here.